The information on this page is put into place to keep our clients safe as well as protect us (Web Design Fetish – designer) and our work. By requesting a free quote & commissioning us for a project you agree that you have read and understood these terms as they are laid out below without limitation. If you have any questions regarding the terms outlined on this page then please feel free to contact us and ask. We have no problem in answering questions via email, phone or through skype.
Web Design Fetish Payments & Payment Policies
The following payment policies are in place for Web Design Fetish:
- All payments should be made in USD = US Dollars ONLY! No other currency is accepted at this time.
- We accept payments through PayPal, & Western Union. If, for some reason, you should need to make other payment arrangements we are open to other possibilities with the exception of Bank Transfers, personal checks, & cash via postal mail.
- Custom Client Payment Policies: This applies to those who are not purchasing a product in our shop.
- New Custom Clients: All new custom clients will be given a full itemized quote for the scope of work to be performed on your web site. The itemized quote will be based on the information you submit on the Free Quote form. After we have come to a mutual agreement on the project and you sign off on the quote you are then required to pay a NON-REFUNDABLE 50% deposit up front using one of the above mentioned payment methods if the total amount of your quote is more than $300.00 ($301.00-and up). If your total quoted amount is less than $300.00 ($30.00-$300.00) the entire amount will be due. The deposit/total amount MUST be paid before any work starts on your project. Your deposit/payment guarantees that work will be done on your web site and you will be given a time for the work to start & an approximate completion date upon receipt of the deposit. Completion dates are approximate and may change depending upon the scope of work or unforeseen circumstances.
- Established Custom Clients: All established custom clients will be given a full itemized quote for the scope of work as well just like new clients. If your quote is less than $200.00 then you will not need to pay a deposit in order to start work. For quotes $201.00 and above there will be a 50% deposit required before work starts on your web site regardless if you are an established client or not. Once work is finished on your site you MUST pay in full for the work performed on your site within 72 hours of our notification that the work has been finished. Notification will ALWAYS be by invoice.
DEFINITION OF ESTABLISHED CUSTOM CLIENT: An established custom client is someone who…
- has been a client of ours for at least 6 months and has had no recent or past problems in paying us for services,
- has made at least a total of 3 payments to us of at least $100.00 or more for services rendered,
- does not have a delinquent account with us ,
- has never had a delinquent account with us ,
- who has never violated any of our terms of service or other policies in the past,
- and who has not violated any of the copyright agreements on this site or in a skin that we have created for your site.
- Once the design is finished and its approved by you (the client), the payment balance will be due in FULL BEFORE any work transfers to your web server or to you personally unless the service rendered was for maintenance on your website. All graphics, coding & designs will remain the sole property of Web Design Fetish until the project is paid for in full. Once final payment is made the project will be uploaded to your web server and installed or setup which ever is the case.
- If you cannot for whatever reason or refuse to pay the balance due you will forfeit any & all payments that you have sent previously and all materials, coding, graphics, & designs will remain the sole property & copyright of Web Design Fetish with no exceptions. Use of said materials on your web server or another one without FULL payment will be a copyright infringement and prosecuted accordingly.
Web Design Fetish Free Quotes Terms
Quotes are good for 14 days from the date listed. After the 14 day period the quote will be invalid. The 50% deposit/total is due up front before work starts on your web site. The rest, if applicable, will be due when the project is completed.
Quotes are itemized with one item per line and are numbered. We give as much information as possible on each line within the quote area. All quotes will come with notes for each item to help you know exactly what we are planning to do on your site and what you are getting for that amount. The notes are also numbered and correspond with the itemized list on your quote.
Quote items that have hours listed at the end of the item are estimated by the hour. This means that the service is based on an estimated time length that we believe it will take to perform the task at hand. In EVERY case we will always keep up with the amount of hours worked on your project. If, for whatever reason, the hours look as though it will be longer after we get started we will notify you before the allotted amount of hours within the original quote are up and you will be responsible for any overages in hours past the amount that we originally quoted you for. Some things come up that were unforeseen while creating the original quote. The extra hours/time will be added to the final bill and due at the end of the project when the final payment is due unless the amount exceeds $200.00. If the extra hours add up to $201.00 and above then we will need a 50% deposit on the overage hours incurred before the project can move forward. This would only happen in extreme, rare cases where there was something unforeseen that was catastrophic to your site. This is quite a rare occurrence, but there are sometimes server issues or hidden things that cannot be predicted.
If, for any reason, you need clarification on something, please do not hesitate to ask questions.
Web Design Fetish Late Charges & Failure To Pay
All final payments must be made within 72 hours of our official Email informing you of the project completion. Project completion is defined as you (the client) signing off on the design (project as a whole) and it is ready to be uploaded to your web server. Failure to do so will incur a late fee of $35.00, accessed immediately after the 72 hours is up. You will be notified by Email when the 72 hours is up & the late fee has been accessed. If your balance has not been paid in full by 7 days after the completion of your project then you will forfeit any and all deposits and rights to the files, designs, graphics & coding performed by Web Design Fetish. While your account is delinquent there will be a fee of 15% of the total amount quoted for your entire project accessed each 30 days. (Your total project amount = $1500.00 then your late fee surcharge will amount to $225.00 a month). If you wish to start another project and have not paid for the first project in full you will need to first pay the balance due including any and all late fees on the first project and pay for the second project 100% up front before we can do any other work for you. (First project amount w/late fees + New project amount = The total amount you will need to pay before any work starts again). NOTE: As with anything sometimes things happen beyond your control like an illness, being hospitalized, an accident, family issues, death in the family etc. We are not unreasonable and we will work with you if you Email us and tell us what is going on the moment you know it. If you do not contact us and tell us then the above terms will stand no matter what the circumstance is.
Web Design Fetish reserves the right to withhold any and all materials, files, graphics, custom coding & designs pending payment for the services rendered. Failure to pay the out standing balance will result in a 100% loss of all deposits and work performed on your web site including maintenance, installations, upgrades, project and/or premium template free support & setting changes. Web Design Fetish reserves the right to pursue legal action to collect the balance due including any and all late fees that have accumulated. In the event that Web Design Fetish has to take legal action, you (the client) will be billed for any and all legal fees. Abusive or unprofessional behavior such as; harassment, slander, abusive correspondences (Email, phone, private messages, forum posts or messenger messages), threats, profanity, discrimination or any other type of undesirable behavior will result in a complete forfeit of the project & any money/deposits paid to that date. Failure to comply with any of the terms of service outlined in this page can result in legal actions. Also unprofessional behavior outlined above can result in legal actions if there has been a violation of the law. We keep all emails, private messages and correspondence between clients & and agents of Web Design Fetish. Emails, private messages, & support area requesting a free quote resulting in correspondence are considered a legal binding contract when work is contracted. All the aforementioned are documented and kept.
Please be as specific with us as possible while in the quoting process so that we know exactly what you need to get your project off the ground. This includes your preferred colors, & a brief description of how you want your site to function & look as a finished product. A document with an outline of site details, content, guidelines you want in place, basic layout ideas, color ideas, special modules or add-ons, information about the software you want to run or already run on your site (software name & version number), expectations, SEO expectations, & any other information that you think may be relevant to making the process run more smoothly goes a long way in helping us know exactly what you want. The more detailed you are the better. The more information you give the better we will be able to serve your needs exactly.
Web Design Fetish Refund/Exchange Policies
The following information outlines our refund/exchange policies for our custom projects.
Custom Design Refund Policy
All payments & deposits for custom projects are NON-REFUNDABLE. All work is specific to only your web site and is built to meet with your needs & desires in mind for your site. Projects cannot nor will they be transferred to another web site or resold as they are only specific to your web site. NOTE: If there are circumstances beyond your control (sickness, death in the family, accident, etc) we may entertain a refund on a case by case basis, but know that refunds may be granted only if work has NOT started on the project. If the project has been started already then the hours will be totaled at an hourly rate of $35.00 an hour for the amount of work already performed on your project and subtracted from the amount of your deposit. If there are more hours than the deposit amount then you will be billed the remainder and expected to pay under the same payment terms as outlined above in the “Web Design Fetish Payments & Payment Policies” section. If a refund is granted it will not be issued until 60 days from the original set completion date. If a refund is granted all designs, coding, files, graphics and custom work will remain the sole ownership of Web Design Fetish and not transferred to the client.
If you (the client), behave in an unprofessional way such as; harassment, slander, abusive correspondences (Email, phone, forum posts, support system messages, private messages or messenger messages), threats, profanity, discrimination or any other type of undesirable behavior Web Design Fetish reserves the right to terminate our agreement and you will forfeit all design work/layouts etc., deposits & money paid to date.
If you (the client), delay the project, is dishonest with us , purposely stall the project, or do not communicate with us via Email, private message or our client support area for 7 days straight we will stop work on the project and you may forfeit all work, deposits & money paid to date. In this case no refund will be given. If you plan on being away from a computer and out of contact for any length of time such as going on vacation, going into the hospital for treatment, etc., then please let us know in advance.
If the project is terminated by us because our staff feel that we cannot work together, in the case of a serious illness, death, accident etc., or if staff is unreachable/incapacitated for what ever reason, we will give a partial refund of the deposit paid minus the hours we have already worked on the project at a rate of $35.00 an hour. If the hours total more than the deposit you will be billed the remainder amount and expected to follow the same payment terms as outlined above in the “Web Design Fetish Payments & Payment Policies”.
Refunds are evaluated on a case by case basis and are solely up to our discretion as to whether or not they are given. It will depend on the circumstances and situation.
Web Design Fetish Rush Jobs/Fees
If you should need your project in a rush, meaning we would have to put other projects on hold, there will be a 25% Rush fee based on the entire quoted amount for your project added to your total deposit to be paid up front before any work starts. EXAMPLE: If the total amount of your project is $1000.00 then your rush fee will be an extra $250.00 making the total quote $1250.00 and your total deposit to start work $750.00 instead of $500.00.
Custom Web Design & Other Custom Projects
All designs, layouts, graphics, PSD’S, AI files, & coding provided for a clients project are the sole ownership of Web Design Fetish until the project is turned over to the client and installed on their web server. If, at any time during the project process, the account is terminated or the project called off, all designs, layouts, graphics, PSD’S, AI files, & coding will remain the sole property of Web Design Fetish.
Software Installation & Upgrade Terms
These terms of our software installations/upgrades are outlined below:
- Web Design Fetish is not responsible for any damage, data loss, site issues, hosting issues or other issues that arrive after software has been installed on your site by us. All software are as is and come from other developers which we are not affiliated with. It is your responsibility to ensure that your server/host is compatible with the software you want installed or that you have purchased for your website.
- Web Design Fetish does not guarantee any third party software to work on your site. Some software is buggy at best and we cannot vouch for other developers coding skills.
- Web Design Fetish will not recode any software to work in a different software version. Example: You are running vBulletin 3.8 on your site and you want to run a module that only works on vBulletin 4.2.2. We will not recode it to work on your site or upgrade it at this time.
- Web Design Fetish does not custom code software at this time. We can perform template edits but we do not code php plugins or add-ons from scratch.
- Web Design Fetish does not set software settings. This will be up to you as a site administrator to read up on how to change the settings to suit your site. We can give setting recommendations upon request, but we will not set up the software upon installing it on your site. There will be a separate fee for setting up any software on your web site. Settings fees will depend upon what the software is and the time that would be spent on setting it up.
- Web Design Fetish will not edit software code in order to install the software or “make it work” on your web site/server.
- There are absolutely NO REFUNDS for software that we have installed on your site or software where an installation was attempted and we ran into server or hosting issues beyond our control.
- If the software that was installed to your site does not function properly (due to bad coding on the part of the software developer), does not have the features you want, is not what you thought it was, does not do what you thought it would, or causes a conflict of some kind there is a non-refundable $35.00 uninstallation fee for each piece of software that you want removed.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your server has the proper configuration to install the software you purchased. Please note what version of MySQL & PHP each software gives as a minimum requirement and check it against your web server set up before contacting us for installation or upgrade services. We are NOT responsible for updating your server configurations or for any problems that incur if you do not have the minimum requirements installed in your server package to accommodate the software you want installed on your server.
Web Design Fetish Communication
It is imperative that you (the client) keep in touch with us at all times as we will with you. We will stay in touch via email.
Web Design Fetish Business Hours & Information
Standard business hours for Web Design Fetish is Monday – Thursday 10:00AM-5:00PM CST. We have no business hours on Fridays as they are considered an "in house" work day where we update and do routine maintenance on our design site or catch up on any backlogged work for clients. We are closed on weekends & all recognized US holidays. If you should have an emergency and need a fix on your web site during a weekend or a holiday the fee schedule will be as follows no matter what the work needed is or what we have charged in the past on a business day. We absolutely will NOT work on Halloween (October 31), Yule (December 21), Christmas (December 25) or Thanksgiving under any circumstances.
- Emergency Work On The Weekend: All emergency work will be billed as “Time And A Half” which means you will be charged $52.50 an hour on a weekend day (Saturday/Sunday).
- Emergency Work On A Holiday: All emergency work performed on a US holiday will be billed as “Double Time” which means you will be charged $70.00 an hour.
To start emergency work for a weekend you will need to send a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $52.50 before work starts. To start emergency work for a holiday you will need to send a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $70.00 before work starts.
Standard Fees & Hourly Rates
Web Design Fetish performs web design related tasks at a rate of $35.00 an hour. All invoices will be available for clients via email. Invoices are in PDF format for easy printing.
Consultation & Research Fees
We do offer paid consultations & research. Please note that just because we may have helped you on another web site such as vBulletin.org, vBulletin.com, XenForo.org and so on for free while in the course of posting there that we do not help on our own time via a messenger service, Email, or private message for free. If you should need a consultation or research for your brand or niche for your website then the consultation fee is $35.00 an hour via Skype messenger only. If you prefer a consultation through Email/PM or you need us to type you up instructions on how to work something on your web site then please note that all the standard consultation fees & policies apply. In order to secure a time slot for consultation fees please contact us to set up a time. We will then schedule you a 2 hour appointment window. All consultations must be paid for up front before the appointment time begins via a PayPal. This means that you will need to pay at least $70.00 in advance before your appointment time. All appointments are in 2 hour increments, no more, no less. In the instance of us typing out instructions for you we will keep track of the time it takes and charge you for just the amount of time it took for us to create the document for you to follow.
Research will be conducted in the case of troubleshooting web site or server issues. This will be automatic while we are working on your site if there are issues. Research may consist of using a search engine to look up the problem and actively look for a solution if we have not encountered the issue before or look through your website for the cause of the issue you are having. We will keep track of our time in these instances and note that this time was for researching the problem on your invoice. In most cases we will not need to do research at all, but there may be times when there is something that we have not encountered before that we have to perform research to solve the problem. We will always let you know in advance if we have to do this and that there will be a charge for it.
Research fees also refers to any time that we spend contacting developers or designers about their products, posting on their forums and websites or submitting support tickets on your behalf. If we need to submit a ticket or discuss a server related issue with your web host the research fee will also apply in those instances.
Turn Around Times & Deadlines
You (the client) must be as prepared as we are to start a project. Deadlines & time frames only work if you are doing your part as well. Please ensure that we have all the materials that you want placed on your site including but not limited to text/content, photos, videos, any previously purchased graphics or layouts, previously purchased software such as vBulletin or XenForo or any other information that will need to go on the website must be sent to us at least 3 days BEFORE the project work starts. The project will NOT start until we have all the necessary information & files in our possession even if you have paid the deposit & we have given you a tentative deadline for the project. This also includes purchasing compatible web hosting, a domain name, the software license (in the cases of a paid for PHP script like vBulletin, XenForo, X-Cart, etc., or paid for add-ons such as Photopost Pro, vBAdvanced, etc.) for your web server and sending us login, FTP, cPanel, Plesk information that we ask for. If you are not prepared to start the project and have not sent all the items that we request we cannot start your project and it will be delayed. A serious delay of more than 10 days can result in a forfeit of your deposit depending upon the circumstances. You will be notified via Email if you are in danger of losing your deposit by day 7. If we do not hear from you by day 10 you will forfeit your deposit. NOTE: If there are circumstances beyond your control (sickness, death in the family, accident, etc) please let us know. We will work with you in these cases.
Most projects can usually be completed within 3-10 business days depending upon the type of project it is and the amount of work involved. Each client will be given a tentative deadline at the start of the project before submitting the deposit. These deadlines are not set in stone as the scope of a project can change or problems within the web site or server crop up that were unforeseen. Projects deadlines also rely on the overall scope of the work needed for the site, how many other projects we have going at the same time, & whether or not we have emergency fixes that need to be implemented or Rush Jobs. If there is a significant delay in your project you will be notified by private message as soon as we are aware of it. At the end of each day when we are done working for that day we will touch base with clients to let them know what was completed and where we stand on the project. Each project will have a downloadable checklist in PDF that both you (the client) and Web Design Fetish staff can view within your original project thread.
If you delay the project or change the scope of the project half way through and decide you want to use a design or some other software you bought outside of the project and you want to now just have that replace something in the original quote it will NOT be allowed. The project, at that point, may be terminated depending upon the situation and your deposit will NOT be refunded and Web Design Fetish will retain copyrights on all codes, skins, graphics, images, files and other things related to the project.
Estimated Turn Around Times:
- Small projects such as; graphics (buttons, banners, advertising banners, icons, etc), installations (scripts, add-ons, plugins, modules), upgrades (scripts, add-ons, plugins, modules), & some maintenance projects is an estimated 3-10 business days. This is an estimated amount so it can be longer or shorter depending on all the variables involved.
- Mid-sized projects such as; Custom skins or templates for (vBulletin, OpenCart, OSCommerce, WordPress, Joomla, CubeCart, phpBB, SMF etc.), & larger maintenance projects is an estimated 10-20 days. This is an estimated amount so it can be longer or shorter depending on all the variables involved.
- Large Projects such as; Full web site designs & large site moves or maintenance is an estimated 20-45 days. This is an estimated amount so it can be longer or shorter depending on all the variables involved.
Deadlines & turn around times are NOT set in stone and therefore NOT guaranteed. The times can and most likely will vary depending upon the overall scope of the project at hand.
We do not charge additional fees as long as the work outlined on the accepted quote is the only work that is performed. Every client gets a detailed itemized quote. Its up to you to review the quote and tell us if anything is missing, you need to drop/add something or you have questions or problems with the quote. Additional fees will only be added if we need to fix something that will result in function loss on the web site or if the hours go over the quoted hour allotment.
Once a quote is given and accepted by you, (the client) we will not add any extra project items until after the current project is completed unless it serves for the function of the site to ensure it runs properly. If you forgot something or did not tell us about something it cannot be added until after the original quote has been fulfilled. If you want to add new features to your site after the initial quote they will be accessed and quoted for once the original quote has been met & payment has been made.
Acceptance Of This Agreement
By accepting the project quote for our services & sending a deposit you are agreeing that you have read and agree to the terms & conditions outlined here on this page. Web Design Fetish reserves the right to change this agreement at any time and update it as we see fit. Web Design Fetish also reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who has violated this terms of service or other agreements outlined on our website. Agreeing to these terms on the free quote form is a legal binding contract. We will not proceed without a full agreement from you. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
We reserve the right to update this page without notice. The terms were updated on (April 20, 2017).